Recommended textbook for Paramedic 2 students.
Recommended for Paramedic 2 students.
Simplify ECGs! Using an easy-to-understand, step-by-step approach and conversational tone, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 4th Edition describes the process of 12-lead ECG interpretation for accurate recognition and effective treatment of ACS. This new edition has been streamlined to emphasize practice and explanation. It shows you how to determine the likelihood of ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) versus other causes of ST elevation. It covers innovative technology and evolving paradigms in ECG interpretation, such as the Cabrera format, which sequences impulse generation in a logical anatomic progression. In addition, over 100 practice ECGs―more than 25 of which are new―help test your knowledge. Written by two well-known educators―Tim Phalen, a paramedic, and Barbara Aehlert, an experienced nurse and popular ACLS instructor, this guide incorporates the latest American Heart Association Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC) Guidelines, as well as new research and information on recognizing and treating ACS in both hospital and prehospital environments.
- Updated Case studies promote early recognition and treatment of ACS.
- Outlines efficient strategies for identifying STEMI, allowing quick initiation of patient care.
- Contains more than 200 colorful illustrations, including a large number of ECGs.
- Offers practical advice for recognizing noninfarct causes of ST elevation, including left ventricular hypertrophy, bundle branch block, ventricular rhythms, benign early repolarization, and pericarditis.
- Features a lay-flat spiral binding, making the book easy to use in any setting.
- Chapter objectives help you identify key concepts
- Updated Consider This boxes highlight important tips.
- NEW! More than 100 practice ECGs offer plenty of opportunities to test your knowledge.
- NEW! Covers innovative technology and evolving paradigms in ECG interpretation.
- NEW! Review questions reinforce the content.
- NEW! Reorganized and simplified table of contents facilitates study and quick reference.
- NEW! Straightforward writing style offers need-to-know information upfront, making this complex subject matter easy to understand and apply.