Paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) respond to emergency calls, transport patients to medical facilities and perform medical services. These professionals save lives and are an essential component of health care systems in every community.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the need for EMTs and paramedics will grow by 11% from 2022 to 2032. About 20,700 workers in these roles will need replacements, mostly from professionals retiring.
Your journey as a paramedic can begin after attaining your NREMT EMT certification. Our online paramedic certification course provides Texas residents (and beyond) with the training and learning methods needed to advance their careers around most hectic schedules.
PERCOMOnline is dedicated to preparing you with a flexible Texas paramedic program designed to complete at your own pace, under some limitations. We set you up for success with cognitive, psychomotor and affective learning methods so you are confident starting your career. This objective ensures you have the knowledge, skills and behavior to thrive in the medical field.
At PERCOMOnline, we encourage your interest in a rewarding and heroic career as the need for paramedic professionals rises. Being an EMT-Paramedic has many benefits:
- Build a fulfilling health care career: You can help your community in dire situations. Texas paramedic certification programs teach you necessary medical, interpersonal, listening and problem-solving skills. This comprehensive training equips you to provide the first line of care and treatment during emergencies.
- Grow with consistent career opportunities: EMTs have many opportunities for career growth. Honing your skills as an EMT offers valuable experience for many branches of the medical field. Many medical specialists, nurses and doctors start their careers as EMTs.
- Make a meaningful impact in your community: One call can save a life. Your ability to execute what you learned and trained for directly affects the patients you’ll have. You can make a positive impact on your community.
- Train and learn with various options: Texas paramedic certification courses typically involve a 20-month training period. Timelines for online paramedic training in Texas vary to suit each person’s desired progression path. Many supplemental and specialty training courses ensure you have all the required knowledge and stay up to date with the latest health care advances.
Start The Journey to Paramedic
The first step to becoming an EMT or paramedic in Texas (and many other states) is to attain certification with NREMT. To be eligible to test for NREMT Paramedic, the candidate must have fully completed a nationally accredited NREMT training program and cleared by the school to test.
Our Paramedic Program is licensed by the State of Texas and CAAHEP accredited by recommendation of CoAEMSP.
With flexibilities like open-enrollment and payment options, affordable tuition rates, multiple support channels, and more.. why wait? Start your journey to Paramedic with PERCOMOnline today!
Start by making sure you have the following requirements:
- Valid government-issued identification card
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid AHA BLS provider certification
- Valid/ACTIVE TX-EMT or NREMT certification
- Background check
Other Necessities for the Program
- A watch with a second hand
- A stethoscope
- Paramedic textbooks
- Funds for certification fees
- Payment for travel and accommodation fees for skills and clinical
- Class signup at EMSTesting.com and PlatinumPlanner.com
Three-Part Paramedic Program
Complete the PERCOMOnline program in three parts:
- Complete all coursework and final exams: Our online course is available at all times so that you can study at any time of the day or night. The coursework includes presentations, open-book exams, instructional videos, audio lectures and homework assignments. A PERCOMOnline proctor explains the rules and administers the final exam in an online environment.
- Finish seven 1-day skills learning and testing sessions in TX: Live sessions begin with familiarizing yourself with the materials and equipment paramedics use. Then, you move into hands-on skills training. A school calendar shows these dates posted months in advance. You can also purchase and schedule private eight-hour sessions matching your availability.
- Perform the clinical rotations at approved sites: Get your first contact with real patients using the nation’s largest paramedic training clinical network. Before you jump into this stage, make sure you have proof of required immunizations with a physical form completed by your clinic. You will also need a TB skin test within six months of rotations and complete an IO Panel Drug Screen within 30 days of rotations. Other forms may be required, depending on your location.
Benefits Included With Our Paramedic Program
PERCOMOnline’s nationally accredited and Texas licensed paramedic certification course offers these excellent benefits:
- Remote flexibility: The first 10 months of the program are completed at your own pace online.
- Affordability: Firefighters, veterans, police and high school seniors receive a discount.
- High pass rate: According to an outcomes report from the last cycle by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 81.8% of students pass the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) written exam.
- High retention rate: 70% of enrolled students complete the program.
- Job placement: 77.6% of graduates received EMT jobs after the program, and some graduates didn’t return the survey.
- Accommodating sessions: In-person training sessions are in Texas and other approved training sites nationwide.
- Quality original content: EMS professionals with proven years of experience develop the training materials, and all content is exclusively owned instead of resold to other published books.
- Open enrollment: Enrollment is open year-round so you can begin at any time, and courses start five to 10 business days after paying online.
- Nationally accredited: Our program is TX licensed for online-based and in-person training, National Registry of EMTs-approved and Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP)/CAAHEP accredited.
- Pre-paid resources: Your tuition covers class signup at EMSTesting.com and PlatinumPlanner.com.
- Valuable experience: You’ll have 456 hours of real patient experience at the end of the program.
- Varied practice: Clinical rotations give you training and knowledge in emergency rooms, operating rooms, labor and delivery rooms, respiratory therapy, neonatal intensive care units (NEO ICUs), cardiac units and cath labs.
- Pre-paid items: Your tuition includes a student shirt, name badge and malpractice insurance.
- Out-of-state tuition: Non-Texas residents can complete the course and get a Texas license, often getting certified in other states through reciprocity.
- Course extensions: We offer course extensions for active military students and voluntary suspensions for students who need to put things on hold.