EMT Training Requirements
If you want to learn more about starting your career as an Texas EMT, call us today at 325-480-2617 to learn more.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Valid Government Issued Identification Card
- Nothing in personal criminal background preventing work as a medical professional.
Other EMT Training Requirements:
- Class signup At EMSTesting.com & PlatinumPlanner.com (Not Included In Tuition)
- EMT Textbook (Not Included In Tuition)
- American Heart Association BLS Provider Certification
- Internet Access
- Web Cam, Mic & Speakers
- Watch With Second Hand
- Certification/Licensing Fees Not Included
- Travel/accommodation for skills & clinicals not included
Home-Based EMT Training System
Attend our Texas EMT class from the comfort of home! Our online EMT school coursework and chat rooms can be accessed from your smartphone, tablet, or pc/laptop.
Start the course within 7-10 days of days of signup! Occationally, this can vary depending on background check processing time. The three-month coursework and six-month program deadlines begin the day you are officially enrolled, as well as a weekly attendance requirement to login at PERCOMCourses.com.
Online EMT Training & Final Exam
Course Available 24/7
Our exclusive Texas EMT training course content is combination of open book exams, audio lectures, presentations, instructional videos, and homework assignments.
The Final Exam is given live by a PERCOMOnline Exam Proctor by utilizing online webinar software from your home or office. This method allows the Proctor to explain the rules and administer the examination from within a secure, online environment.
3 Day “Hands-on” Session
“National Registry EMT Psychomotor Exam”
Once the student has completed the online course and final exam, the next training step is the live skill learning/testing session. Our regularly scheduled skills lab (aka. “EMT Exit Sessions“) consists of a 3 day long live lab event: 2 days Practice Lab; 1 day Testing Lab.
If regularly scheduled training labs do not fit your personal schedule, then private sessions averaging 8 hours can be purchased and scheduled around your availability.
The session begins with familiarization of materials and equipment and then quickly moves into the “hands-on” skills training with fellow students. Furthermore, the dates for these sessions are posted on the PERCOMOnline Events Calendar 10-12 months in advance.
Clinical Rotations & 1st Patient Contact
Utilize the nation’s largest EMT training clinical network, and also signup your local EMS provider or hospital inside a Regional Training State!
Our Clinical Coordinator ON STAFF is ready and waiting to assist with your clinical scheduling!
- Physical form completed by your physician or clinic
- Copies or proof of the required immunizations
- Possibly other forms depending on clinical location
- 10 Panel Drug Screen within 30 days of rotations
- TB skin test within 6 months of rotations
Your first contact with real patients as a medical professional begins! During that process, you will track your clinical hours using PlatinumPlanner.com.
- 36 Hours Emergency Room
- 48 Hours EMS
- 8 Hours Labor & Delivery
- 8 Hours Respiratory Therapy
Certify as National Registry EMT
As a result of completing our Texas EMT program’s requirements, the student will receive their Texas EMT Course Completion from PERCOMOnline. Furthermore, they will then be officially qualified to take the National Registry (NREMT) Cognitive Exam.
When the EMT student is ready, they will first create a National Registry account, and then submit their application and fees. Lastly, scheduling the NREMT Cognitive Exam is online and administered at a local Pearson VUE Testing Center.
*Certification/Licensing Fees Not Included*
ENROLL into Texas EMT Training at PERCOMOnline
- Signup using tuition options on this website
- Use link provided by Admissions to access Course Registration web page
- Submit scanned copy of your government issued photo identification card, proof of high school graduation or GED completion, American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR/AED Card, and initialed & signed EMT Entrance Document PDF
- Class signup At EMSTesting.com (Not Included In Tuition)
EMT Program Textbook
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured – 11th Edition
- ISBN-13: 978-1284080179