So you have decided to pursue a career as a certified EMT Paramedic? If you are a NREMT or TX certified EMT, scroll down this page to learn more!
If you are not already certified as an EMT, please CLICK HERE for your pathway to Paramedic.
PARAMEDIC Program Requirements
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Valid Government Issued Identification Card
- Valid NREMT or TX-EMT Certification
- Valid AHA BLS Provider Certification
- Nothing in the personal criminal background preventing work as a medical professional.
Other PARAMEDIC Program Requirements:
- Class signup At EMSTesting.com & PlatinumPlanner.com (Not Included In Tuition)
- Paramedic Textbooks (Not Included In Tuition)
- Internet Access
- Web Cam, Mic & Speakers
- Watch With Second Hand
- Certification Fees not included
- Travel/accommodation fees for skills & clinicals
Home-Based Paramedic Class System
Attend online Paramedic class from the comfort of home! Our online coursework and chat rooms can be accessed from your smartphone, tablet, or pc/laptop.
Full enrollment into the online Paramedic Program is typically within five to seven business days after sign-up. However, this varies depending on background check processing time. The 10-month coursework and 20-month program deadlines begin the day you are officially enrolled, as well as a weekly attendance requirement to login PERCOMCourses.com.
Online Paramedic Course & Final Exam
Course Available 24/7
Our exclusive online Paramedic course content is a combination of open book exams, audio lectures, presentations, instructional videos, and homework assignments.
The Final Exam is given live by a PERCOM Exam Proctor by utilizing online webinar software from your home or office. This method allows the Proctor to explain the rules and administer the examination from within a secure, online environment.
LIVE “Hands-on” Sessions
Regularly scheduled skills labs consist of seven 2-day long live lab events: 5 Practice Labs; 2 Testing Labs. If regularly scheduled skills labs do not fit your personal schedule, then private sessions averaging 8 hours can be purchased and scheduled around your availability.
The session begins with familiarization of materials and equipment used specifically by Paramedics, and then quickly moves into the “hands-on” skills training with fellow students. Furthermore, the dates for these sessions are posted on the PERCOM Events Calendar 10-12 months in advance.
Students are able to begin attending their Skills Sessions after completing the Paramedic 2 Course Final Exam. Therefore, start checking the school calendar for dates posted months in advance to start planning travel arrangements (if necessary).
Clinical Rotations & 1st Patient Contact
Utilize the nation’s largest Paramedic training clinical network, and also signup your local EMS provider or hospital inside a Regional Training State!
Clinical Coordinator ON STAFF to assist with your clinical scheduling!
- Physical form completed by your physician or clinic
- Copies/proof of the required immunizations
- Possibly other forms depending on clinical location
- 10 Panel Drug Screen within 30 days of rotations
- TB skin test within 6 months of rotations
Your first contact with real patients in an advanced level begins! Track your clinical hours using PlatinumPlanner.com.
- 96 Hours of EMS Experience Rotations
- 128 Hours of Emergency Room Rotations
- 24 Hours Operating Room Rotations
- 16 Hours of Labor & Delivery Rotations
- 16 Hours of ICU Rotations
- 8 Hours of Respiratory Therapy Rotations
- 8 Hours of NEO ICU Rotations
- 8 Hours Cardiac Unit Rotations
- 8 Hours Cath Lab Rotations
- Final Field Internship – 144 Hours & 20 Successful Team Leads
Certify as National Registry EMT-P
Once all Paramedic Program requirements have been completed & the student has received their Paramedic 2 Course Completion, they will then be ready to take the National Registry (NREMT) Cognitive Exam.
Scheduling the NREMT Cognitive Exam and Psychomotor Exam(not included in this program) is online and administered at a local Pearson VUE Testing Center.
How To ENROLL
- Signup using tuition options on this website
- Use the link provided by Admissions to access Course Registration web page
- Submit a scanned copy of your government-issued photo identification card
- Submit proof of high school graduation or GED completion
- Submit NREMT or TX-EMT Certification
- Submit American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR/AED Card
- Submit initialed & signed EMT Entrance Document PDF
- Class signup At EMSTesting.com (Not Included In Tuition)
Paramedic Program$5,870.00 Select options
Anatomy & Physiology For The Prehospital Provider 2nd Edition + Navigate2$109.95 $119.02 Add to cart
Primary Paramedic Textbooks$350.00 $378.88 Add to cart
The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes$69.95 $75.72 Add to cart
Basic Arrhythmias and 12 Lead EKGs 8/e$139.00 $150.47 Add to cart